Summer vibes are running high! There are still some vacations left to be had! Are you worried about going off track of your normal exercise and nutrition routine? Planning around irregular meal times and eating fun foods that you wouldn’t usually have? Missing workouts? Utilize these easy tips to keep you healthy:
- Bring Your Own Snacks – Pack travel friendly snack like apples and cheese sticks, pita bread and peanut butter, hummus and veggie sticks to avoid excessive snacking on the unhealthy stuff.
- Eat Breakfast – The first meal of the day will give you the nutrients you need for extra energy to see the sights. Choose protein like eggs and yogurt with fruit and whole grain toast or oatmeal.
- Walk Everywhere – Checking out local museums, a new city or the beach is the best way to explore while burning extra calories. Bring comfortable supportive shoes. Chances are you’ll burn off enough calories to offset any overindulgences.
- Pack a Workout Band – Get an easy 15-minute workout to start your day each morning with an exercise band. A quick hit to all the major muscle groups will keep those calories burning all day long.
- Stay hydrated – Dehydration is common when traveling, especially when flying. Bring an empty water bottle to the airport and fill it once you are past security. Stock up on water bottles once you are at your destination and bring one with you everywhere you go.
Most importantly have fun! Vacations are a time to enjoy yourself with family and friends. They don’t come around often so when they do, enjoy them to the fullest. Give yourself permission to take a break and soak it all in!