Need a boost of energy during that midday lull? Healthy snacking will give you that extra spring in your step to keep up with your busy day. A mid afternoon break is important to reset your mind and energy level so you can continue to be productive.
Here are a few healthy snacks:
- Hummus and Veggie sticks (carrots, celery, cucumbers or peppers)
- Yogurt with berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries) and nuts or seeds
- Oatmeal with banana slices and drizzled honey
- Pear and cheese slices on Melba toast
- Cottage cheese with blueberries and a sprinkle of granola
- Egg white and veggie bites (combine your favorite veggies like spinach, tomato, mushrooms, peppers and onions, spices and liquid egg whites and bake in muffin tins)
- Apple Chips (combine apple slices, cinnamon and stevia and bake on a cookie sheet)
- Fruit Smoothies (Combine your favorite fruit with water or dairy free milk such as almond, oat or coconut, and ice cubes in a blender You can also add an organic plant-based protein powder.)
Be mindful to avoid the not so healthy choices that are loaded with hidden sodium, added sugar, processed ingredients and empty calories. Incorporating whole foods into your menu is the healthiest way to snack.