Eating out is an enjoyable way to spend quality time with family and friends. However, studies have linked dining out with poor food choices, resulting in overheating.
Here are 9 helpful tips for eating out that will enable you to stick to your healthy routine without having to interrupt your social life:
- Check the menu beforehand for healthy options.
- Have a healthy snack before you arrive.
- Drink water before and during your meal.
- Ask for dressings and sauces on the side.
- Skip the breadbasket.
- Order a side salad or soup for an appetizer.
- Order food steamed, grilled, or roasted, rather than fried.
- Avoid sugary drinks.
- Prioritize portion control: order ½ portion or take ½ to go.
Remember, it is ok to indulge a little. Use the 80/20 rule to keep you in check most of the time and be sure to have a little fun too!