There are many reasons why exercising in the summer is fun and more feasible than ever. There are much more daylight hours during this time of the year to get outside, weather you are an early bird or a night owl. Schedules are typically less hectic in the summer, providing more leisure time to devote to creating healthy routines, exercise and fun activities! With relaxed schedules people are more apt to include friends and family to join in on exercise related adventures. Here are several activities that are fun for all ages:
- Create a Boot Camp with Your Friends: Start your own free bootcamp with friends. Hold a session in a public space, a park or common area in your neighborhood, or even in your own back yard. Set up stations for different exercises such as jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, plank work, and box jumps (if you have access to steps or benches). See if anyone has equipment to share such as hand weights, exercise bands, or jump ropes.
- Hike: Summer is the perfect time of year for trying out new trails or state parks in your area. Whether you are looking for a leisure walk with flat trails or you want to tackle hillier terrain, it can help to build your fitness capacity.
- Neighborhood Walk: This is a great way to get know your neighbors, socialize your kids or dog, while enjoying a leisurely stroll, relieving stress, or building stamina as you ramp up your exercise routine.
- Lake activities: Most towns have a local lake where you can enjoy summer activities such as swimming, canoeing or kayaking, which are relatively inexpensive to rent.
- Outdoor Lawn Games: There are many fun games to play right in your own backyard with family and friends! Lawn darts, bocce, badminton, and crochet to name a few, can typically be purchased in sets at your local department store at minimal cost.
If you need a boost, we can help. Eat good, look good, feel good with 20% off!
Lose 20-40 pounds. 42~Day Program
LOSE WEIGHT AND HIT YOUR GOALS THIS SUMMER!
Schedule a FREE consultation TODAY.