Everyone feels stressed from time to time. It can give you a good rush of energy, when playing a sport or working on an important project. But too much negative stress can be overwhelming and damaging to your health. Here are some tips to help handle stress:
- Get enough sleep – adequate sleep fuels your body and mind, decreasing levels of cortisol in the bloodstream, preventing weight gain.
- Exercise regularly – just 30 minutes per day of walking can boost your mood and reduce stress.
- Build a social support group – it’s important to surround yourself with positive, like-minded people.
- Think positive – acknowledge all you’ve accomplished each day, even the little things, and be grateful for all of your blessings.
- Meditate – mind body activities like yoga can help ground yourself and calm the mind.
Take a few moments for yourself to learn how your personal stresses affect your health and how you can manage it successfully.