We all know that we need to eat our “five a day” portions of vegetables, but do we really know why? Here are the most important reasons:
- Keeps you fuller longer.
- They are great if you want to lose weight.
- Good for your gut.
- Keeps your skin hydrated.
- Provides much needed essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Boosts your mood.
- Keeps you fueled for extra energy.
- Assists in fighting off cravings.
- Improves bone health.
- Helps to minimize or prevent chronic diseases.
You’ve always known vegetables were good for you, and now you know more about why. So, if you don’t like vegetables, here are some techniques and tips to learn to like vegetables:
- Pair with food you already like, for example add some chopped tomatoes with spinach to a beloved mushroom into an omelette.
- Roast your veggies. Roasted are more delicious! Just add your favorite seasonings.
- Enjoy more soups. Prepare blended soups or smoothies to increase vegetable and fruit consumption.
- Add great flavors such as olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs, balsamic vinegar, lemon, and your favorite spices.
- Add grains + protein for a full meal. When your greens and veggies are accented by grains, protein, healthy fats, and a fun dressing, it’s hard to get bored of them. The combinations are endless!